Submitting a Post to “The Newburgh History Blog”
If you would like to submit an article please submit your full draft in a Word doc (preferred) or Google doc format and the information below to mailto:email@example.com: Please include images you would like to accompany the article and all references and attributions. The article should pertain to history in the Newburgh and Hudson Valley area. An ID will be established with your contact information in the event “The Newburgh History Blog” does publish your article and has any questions. Note that not all articles will be published but we will do our best to include as many as we can.
Your bio: A short Bio of approximately 60 words should be included with your first submittal. Include any links you wish to display: your blog, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, website URL, etc. This is a great place to include any promotional or other links as we prefer not to have them in the actual post.
Your headshot: We use a site called Gravatar to manage headshots\Avatars. New contributors should create an account there and upload a headshot. Once this is done, we’ll need the email address that was used to register the account, so we can associate your headshot with the author profile we will use in your posts.
Supporting images, interactive content, or videos: Identify which image is preferred for the Cover\Feature Image if you want to include one.
But here are tips on the other kinds of media you may want to include and the expectations regarding Post submittals:
- Images (PNG, JPG): Provide any high res images you would like to include within your Word doc. When saving your images, please provide a descriptive name and location in the Post. If needed, we will automatically resize the image so large images can be submitted and will be scaled down.
- Videos, and interactive content: Include the embed code or links for the content within your Word doc. Please also identify the source of the link (ie: Youtube, Vimeo, Instagram, etc).
- Please include any Attribution for any images or other 3rd Party Content included with your Blog Post. You are responsible for ensuring there are no copyright restrictions on any submittal.
- All posts should be related to City or Town of Newburgh and surrounding area. Whether or not the article is posted online is an editorial decision of “The Newburgh History Blog”. We reserve the right not to post a submittal for any reason we determine. Our desire is to post as many articles as we can on historical subjects related to Newburgh and the surrounding area.
- Review existing Posts to get an idea of the type of content that is posted here.
- Length: We do not have any limitations on length or number of images or videos included with a post. Keep it concise and on topic and any media should go with the post.
- Self-disclosure. If you are writing about something and have an interest, financial or otherwise, please disclose that in the article.
- Self-promotion. As previously mentioned, links or other promotional info may be used in your BIO.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources.